which, btw, look... like that. and that's actually a pretty flattering shot.
so, this is what i know about my arm skin:
- my arms were not fat my whole life! not until i hit 200 at the earliest.
- they are still that fat in the 150s though...
- it's not floppy skin; there's only maybe 1/2 and inch of slack there. it's FAT.
- i have no idea what my arms are going to look like for real until i lose the fat...
- ...which is not going easily.
- but there are stretch marks at the front of my armpits that cause this really nasty ripple thing to happy, like on my stomach when i flip my head t scrunch my hair. only, always.
- an arm lift costs about $3k.
- but you can't do things like pick up babies for 8-12 weeks.
- so this is the sort of thing i need to get done by next june or july.
- which means... i should lose the fat so i can know if i'll need it by then.
i got new running shoes! they're brooks ravenna and i wore them to run THREEEEEEEEEEEEE MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES yesterday. so the rest of our training plan is for me & my husband to walk the 5k route tonight with a gps (some of the streets aren't marked...), then tomorrow and saturday we work out on our own (i have spinning and weight training) and sunday k comes up here early to jog/walk the route with me before my grandma's party. next week, we'll do a run together on wednesday, then i'll do something on thursday, then walk the course on friday, rest saturday and sunday and... run my first 5k on monday!!
(ps, did i mention we booked an overseas vacation for september??)