count down to goal

Monday, August 03, 2009

wonderful weekend

WOW did i eat this weekend. i mean, WOW.

i ate a LOT. and all so good. tons and tons of food-- sugary, carby, salty food. on friday night, my fingers swelled so badly i took off my rings in my sleep. saturday was spent sweltering in dc and walking around the library of congress. then more food. and more.

it was wonderful.

today, i'm back into routine. oddly enough, i'm not showing much of a gain today. i'm thinking maybe the long walk burned some calories? or my (minimal) restraint means i didn't consume as much as i thought i was? i didn't drink much, but i felt painfully full on a couple of occasions.

water, water, water.

now i'm going to be SUPER busy for the next several days-- and then FAIRLY busy for the next 3 months or so as i step up my volunteering, my education and my gre prep for applying to grad school in the fall. oddly enough, i think i need some black & white rules to get me through these next few months to come out a fitter, happier person. still working on that.

No comments: