count down to goal

Monday, March 01, 2010

i don't know how much i weigh

it seems i am a little bit of a packrat. hm. i don't WANT to be. i mean, i'm all about clearing stuff out and living clutter-free (unless the stuff in question is wearable), but i'm super lazy so i rarely get around to, you know, DOING anything about it.

so, apparently, over a year ago when i made >200 and got my new scale, i never threw out the old one. hooray. not so hooray? how ON EARTH did i ever know how much i weighed. i mean, sure, i know i weigh ROUGHLY 165 right now, but... is that 164.4 or 166.2???

i'm going to buy the scale consumer reports said was most accurate. i don't know why. it just... seems like a good idea. and it costs half as much as my old scale.

this weekend was... hard. let's put it this way, there were three days to it (since we were sprung for a storm that never was at 10am): the day i got my period early, the day i drank four glasses of wine and the day i though chocolate would make my cramps go away.

friday we got out early, obviously, but the roads were clear by 5 so i went to bk and he kicked my ass but good. it was great. i did supermans and military presses and skull-crushers (which are my FAVORITE exercise) and curls while i stood on the bosu ball and it was awesome. and i stayed in my calories, too! and it was a major exercise in willpower because, what the hell? do i get my period on friday now instead of saturday? uncool.

saturday started out great. i was up early and to the grocery store that had seltzer water & turkey bacon on sale (WOOT!). then i remembered to swing into cvs to pick up the prescription i don't want to take, but i know the rules. i still don't have an rx card two full months into having this insurance, but they said to give the pharmacist my regular card and it would be fine, or the pharmacy could call them and it would be fine. so i tell the tech my name, it takes her eight hundred years to find my script, she asks for my new rx card, i tell her, i don't have one yet, but the insurance company said i could give you this and it would be fine and if it wasn't, you can call them and they'll be happy to speak with you. okay. she walks away and comes right back. ummm? this is your medical card? do you have your prescription card? like i said before, i don't have one yet, but the insurance company said i could give you this and it would be fine and if it wasn't, you can call them and they'll be happy to speak with you. oh, okay. and she puts it in the basket for someone with two brain cells to rub together to deal with. i wait. i see her screw up with three other people. i see the two pharmacists discuss my card. a younger male asks if her should do it, an older female says she was going to but it he has time, that's great. he calls my goddamn first name (HATE THAT. you have my full name in front of you, show a little goddamn respect.) and i go up. beck, this isn't your PRESCRIPTION CARD. do you have that card? that's the one we need. for the third time: i don't have one yet, but the insurance company said i could give you this and it would be fine and if it wasn't, you can call them and they'll be happy to speak with you. well, okaaaay, but it'll be a good, oh, half hour until anybody can do that for you. all put out and shit. and i kind of made a scene. this isn't really like me, so much, but i don't need cvs to hold me down while my insurance company screws me any more than i need my insurance company to hold me down while my dentists' office screws me. but my script had been called in there so i have to call my doc and have it moved and OOPS, too late, sunday's come and gone now. so when we went to a friends saturday night, i was all wound up and well, we went to college together and our husbands were meeting for the first time and... four glasses of wine.

and sunday i spent doing data entry for work. and eating chocolate. i actually thought, at one point, oh, i need to eat some chocolate, i have cramps. but since i was in the shower i couldn't do it RIGHT THEN and was forced to face that insane thought process. ummm, no. chocolate won't ACTUALLY help.

so, i don't know what i weigh today. exactly. and this morning i had 4 strips of turkey bacon for breakfast because i didn't make my french toast. lunch is pb & ab and snacks are carrots, apple, banana, almonds & woven wheats, like always. it's also bk day and i'm excited. i hope i get to do skull crushers.

No comments: